The world around us is full of inspiration. As each season ends, a new one begins. Now is the perfect time to press the reset button, set new goals, and get excited for what’s on the horizon.
Working in HR means being a leader by way of cultivating leadership in the workplace. It’s a big responsibility and one that is constantly evolving; therefore, it’s important to feel motivated and inspired even when at times you’re finding yourself in an HR crisis spiral.
Here are 17 hand-picked motivational and inspiring quotes for a Happy New Year and a happy workplace.
1. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
2. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
3. “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.” — Ray KrocLeaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders. Click To Tweet
4. “Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.” — Paul Hawkin
5. “You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.” — Andrew Carnegie
6. “True motivation comes from achievement, personal development, job satisfaction, and recognition.” — Frederick Herzberg
7. “I believe the real difference between success and failure in a corporation can be very often traced to the question of how well the organization brings out the great energies and talents of its people.” — Thomas J. Watson, Jr.
8. “The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work.” — Agha Hasan Abedi
“The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work.”
9. “Hire people who are better than you are, then leave them to get on with it. Look for people who will aim for the remarkable, who will not settle for the routine.” — David Ogilvy
10. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” — Steve Jobs
11. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” — Henry Ford
12. “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” — Vince Lombardi
13. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” — Ralph Waldo EmersonLeadership and learning are indispensable to each other. Click To Tweet
14. “Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers.” — Robin S. Sharma
15. “Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders.” — Tom Peters
16. “The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.”
— John Maxwell
17. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” — John Fitzgerald Kennedy