Watch the HR Innovators webinar now
When managers get the training they need to lead effective 1x1s, and do accountability in real-time rather than default to HR to step-in after things get out of hand, people ops and HR are freed up to think more strategically and proactively about culture initiatives. As a result, they become better partners with the C-suite, because the bulk of day-to-day performance-related issues are being handled by managers. So, how do you ensure managers are leading effective 1x1s?
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Coach your managers and colleagues to give feedback in a way that doesn’t cause employees to get defensive.
- Give managers concrete examples of how to communicate transparently and with appropriate vulnerability.
- Depersonalize tension between a manager and an employee by re-booting the conversation to the level of role clarity and deliverables.
- Create a common language among your managers with the Accountability Dial, to accelerate feedback and mentoring loops.
- Mentor different managers based on their leadership style — whether they tend to play the role of Fixer, Fighter, or Friend.
About Jonathan Raymond, author of Good Authority; CEO at Refound
After twenty years of not being able to decide whether he was a business development guy or a personal growth teacher, Jonathan stopped trying to figure it out. He’s the Founder and CEO at Refound, an advisory firm that helps leaders become great managers. He’s madly in love with his wife, tries not to spoil his daughter, and will never give up on the New York Knicks. Jonathan is the former CEO and Chief Brand Officer of EMyth, where he led the transformation of a global coaching brand and has worked in tech, clean tech, and the nonprofit world after graduating law school in 1998. He lives in Ashland, Oregon, a lovely town that’s too far away from a warm ocean.